some fun for the nEw YeAr

Took a huge mental break post-graduation, but it was important in order for me to assess my goals and kind of take in the…very strange and tumultuous year that 2017 was. It’s time to get back to work, though.
Found a really fun site– Briefbox. It has tons of free sample briefs so you can practice product/packaging design, as well as illustration and typography. Below is one of my exercises! Finally getting a hang of smart objects and figuring out how to use templates.

Chocolate double.png

Another really helpful resource I’ve found is this graphic design crash course on Kadenze. Well, it’s more about the history, but it definitely influenced how I approached the Cocoloco project. Next time I should probably tinker with color more, and pay more attention to how the colors interact. Still fun!


Buy some prints! Donate to the Harvey Community Relief Fund!

The page is up ‘n running!
80% of the proceeds from the print sale will go to the Hurricane Harvey Community Relief Fund, which is being housed within the Texas Organizing Project Education Fund.

And hey, if you don’t want a print or anything and you want to donate directly to them, just click the link above. It’ll take you straight to their donation page.

From TOP:

“We have an ironclad commitment that 100 percent of the money raised into this fund will be spent directly on ensuring low income and people of color are not forgotten in the relief, recovery and reconstruction efforts. Not a dime will be spent on any other purpose.”

“We and our allies intend to make sure that our communities are at the forefront of the recovery process, and that they get the resources they need to rebuild their lives. We will make a determination about which relief efforts in particular to dedicate this funding after the floods recede. Our expenditures will be dictated by the needs of our communities, and we anticipate those needs will range from personal hygiene items to legal aid and advocacy.”

So, let’s all put down our avocado toast and debt collection statements, and throw in $20 to help out people in dire need. Plus you get rad art. Just sayin’ 😉

Hurricane Harvey Relief

Hey all! I’m currently selling my undergrad prints at lowered prices in order to raise money for the Texas Organizing Project. Hurricane Harvey has affected hundreds of thousands of people– leaving them without electricity, homes, clothing, food. The numbers aren’t what’s important, though. We have to step in and do what we can to help. I know it’s hard to just throw in cash when you’re making like $9/hr and paying rent/student loans, so I’m offering prints starting at $25, which is like a night’s worth of tips for some of us. You’ll be helping someone in need, and getting a beautiful piece of art in return! 80% of the proceeds are going to the TOP. The remaining 20% cover shipping costs and materials.

If you want to donate, head over to , send me a message and tell me which print you want, and send however much you feel you can pay to over paypal.